<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 20, 2005

Episode III

Well, as the title suggests I have now seen Episode III. This is a short post as it is 1am over here, and I need to go to bed!!!

My overall impression is that the whole story arc I-III is, in many respects, a grander and more compelling story than the one told in IV-VI. Alas, it seems that Lucas only had one masterpiece in him. I very much enjoyed the film, but moments that would have been iconic in IV-VI simply do not match that quality. Maybe it is the audacity of (relative) youth, or maybe it is because Lucas is now very much part of the establishment that he originally challenged. Star Wars has always been known for its special effects, and they do not disappoint, but now there seems to be a pointlessness to them, something done out of habit for the lack of something better.

And that is, in a nutshell, my basic opinion.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?