<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

Winter

I was hit by about a dozen poor attempts at snowflakes as I walked home tonight. Actually I am generally disappointed by this winter - it mostly hasn't managed to be cold or windy. Of course, now that the weather has dared pretend to be wintry everyone is complaining. Why? Winter is a wonderful time - if only because it makes you appreciate the spring and summer all the more.

For my own part though I love the winter precisely for it's own sake. The cold biting at your face, chilling your legs and hands, the wind whipping around and making a mockery of any jumper or coat, biting to the bone. The long dark days with the stars like crystal in the heavens. I just like the cold.

Besides, on a purely practical level, I sunburn fairly easily, and its tough to get burnt in December in the UK.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?