<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 13, 2004

A follow-up on self-defence

Andy asks in the comment below:

On the self-defence issue, I can easily imagine a situation where someone may be mistaken for a burglar, but would actually be completely innocent, how would you deal with that?

I can imagine a few such situations too - but when "reasonable force" means that if you deign to defend yourself or your property you will probably go to court, and possibly go to jail, for no good reason, then I'm afraid that's a risk I'm prepared to take. I know my thinking is pretty extreme here - but it is honest.

I guess this is an area where I think you can lose sight of the wood for the trees. The object should be about empowering people, but we have gotten lost somewhere in the last 100 years or so. Things are too complicated. Time for there to big storm to clear the house out, so to speak.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?