<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 13, 2004

The National Guard issue

One thing that I am trying to work out in these last few days is why do Democrats think that Bush's National Guard service, or lack thereof, is going to win them any traction anyway? I know I don't know the details, but I've read that this has been thrown at Bush ever since his re-election campaign to the Texas Governorship. I honestly can't remember if they played out in 2000, but I find it difficult to believe it wasn't raised. I know it was raised again more recently, to minimal effect. Haven't they worked out yet that this issue does not seem to have negative traction for Bush?

Now, maybe there is a reason for this. Perhaps it is an attempt to energise their base, as opposed to an attempt to win over voters. But I don't see that as valid for this issue. After all, the real anti-Bush left probably could not get more energised. So really, from an admittedly outisde and uneducated perspective, I just don't get it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?