<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2004

There but for the Grace of God - further to below

Thanks to Blonde Justice I note that Arbitrary and Capricious also discussed the question I posed.

One thing he draws attention to is the "there but for the Grace of God go I" argument. Actually of all of these I must admit to reacting badly to this one. I think in my mind this is because a great deal of the other reasons given by Mr Lammers at CrimLaw, Blonde Justice, and by A&C don't seem to me to excuse those that are guilty, whereas this phrase in my own mind does. Other people might react to the phrase differently.

Of course, I can relate to that phrase for those people who are wrongly accused, which is why for my question I asked about the (probably) guilty.

Anyway, it's all been very interesting to read about, and I think I can say with total honesty that I've learnt a fair bit in all that reading.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?