<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Job application

My apologies for the non-existent blogging the last few days. The reason is nice and simple: I am been furiously completing a job application that is due in on Monday.

I hate job applications with a rage that is not easy to describe. I am also utterly petrified of them. The merest thought is enough to make me start to quiver. Once I have the application form I will do almost anything I can to avoid working on the application (which helps explain why I was so prolific in the first half of the week, even accounting for the fact I have been on holiday). And then the penny finally drops, and I have to knuckle down.

This mostly consists staring over my computer at the telly, or stomping around downstairs dooing the hovering or some other household task that has been too long neglected. Very occasionally something might get written.

Part of the problem is that I am very bad at selling myself, though I appear to have gotten somewhat better (or, more accurately, I've got better at recycling the best parts from former efforts).

But that is now all behind me. It is done. The dreaded document has been attached, and faithfully sent courtesy of Yahoo! Mail to the warrens of the Personnel Department. And now I am beginning to be scared. Really scared.

Time, I feel, for a not so wee dram of Lagavulin 16-year Single Malt.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?