<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

Howard Dean bows out

I am very relieved.

In my not so humble opinion this is a good thing. Dean was essentially a single-issue candidate. Single-issue candidates have no place in running for the position of Head of State.

Of course, whether Kerry, who so far seems to be a no-issue candidate, is any better is open to question. (I did have a link about the lack of serious policy announcements by Senator Kerry, but I've lost it. If I find it I'll post it.)

Dean though was particularly pernicious. He was based entirely on rage. That Yeaaaaaaaaah at Iowa was symptomatic. Rage needs to be controlled to be effective. Dean just let it run riot. Kerry, for all his faults, is a good deal more stable.

All that said, Dean was incandescent, and there was a passion in him that Kerry lacks. Unless Edwards comes from behind to the win the nomination at the final hurdle the Demoratic PResidential Nomination campaign for 2004 will be remembered for Howard Dean.

Come on Democrats. Vote Edwards.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?