<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Clarification

Just an addendum to below. I find the judicial legislation of the Massachusettes case to be very disagreeable on an intellectual level. I have the same disagreeable reaction to Roe vs Wade. The politicisation of Court appointments will only increase though as a result of the Massachesettes decision, since there is no effective way to counter them except through federal amendment. Or not as I understand the set-up anyway.

As for gay marriage, I generally disagree, but mostly because for me marraige is a religious, not a civil union and the state has no business there. I would attribute most of the current breakdown in marriage to its currently increasing civil nature. I do not think the remedy is to further secularise the institution.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?