<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I'm back

Well it has been a long time since I posted - partly because of the holiday and partly because of a family flap that occurred while I was still Stateside.

First off I had a most excellent time in the US. For me actually being in the US is still new enough that I find I am fascinated by almost anything, and everything. Even strip malls, but more on that later.

Amusingly enough, when we at home sat down for Sunday lunch this weekend and I was laying the table, and put out two jugs (one with water, the other orange juice) both with about 9-10 ice cubes. The temperature was in the 80s, so I didn't think this a problem, and immediately 'American Influences' are blamed. Though, this just shows how blase we have become this summer in the UK. Temparatures in the 80s in September just doesn't usually happen (hell, some summers 80s don't happen fullstop.) But this summer we can look most places on this earth in the eye and say we had a hot summer.

I don't envy DC folks the humidity though.

Enough of this rambling for the moment. I'll report more as I organise myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?