Friday, July 11, 2003

Right wing nicknames

Just a thought before I have to get ready to go to work, why is it that both right-wing parties of the UK and US have nicknames. The Republican Party of course is the GOP. The Conservative Party is often referred to as the Tory Party (and Conservatives as Tories). Meanwhile in both countries the left-wing parties are not. At most they just get abbreviations. The Democrats (Dems) in the US, The Labour Party (Labour), or the Liberal Democratic Party (Lib Dems) in the UK? Odd no? I wonder if this is a wider trend, I'll have to find out.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?