<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Mouse, ankles, and other news

Many apologies for the lack of updates. This was due to an unforseen accident that involved my cat, a half-full glass of sweet red wine, and my computer mouse.

I have a big cat. By big I mean he wieghs in at 16lbs, and is not fat. In fact at that weight he is rather lean. He measures about 2 and a half feet from tip of tail to nose, and just over a yard if he stretches. And he gets a little clumsy, and is the world's largest coward. He knocked something, panicked, fled, and in the process knocked a lot more stuff including the glass of wine. Four hours later the mouse was dead. Well, not quite dead, but the mousewheel was.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do anything on a computer when any page is automatically and permanently scrolled to the bottom! In short, computing became impossible and mouse has only just been replaced.

Which brings me, sort of, to ankles. Or rather, ankle. Some time ago I spoke about the X-Ray I had. Last week I had the results. My ankle shows wear and tear "consistent with that of a man in his 40s". I won't say my precise age, but I am approximately half that age. Of course, the GP has no clear why my ankle should be in that condition, so its off to the consultant, in 3 months if I am lucky.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to exercise with a dodgy ankle? (There, that was the link. Did you catch it? ;) )

As for news ... I'm heading Stateside at the end of August. Expect more as more becomes apparent!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?