<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Baseball update

Tonight I watched a replay of the first Boston-Toronto game. Although I had watched parts of the 2nd and 6th innings, I only really watched it from the 8th to its conclusion. I actually found most of this quite exciting - especially once the game progressed into extra innings. It was not quite on the edge of the seat, but still quite fun. I am beginning to think that some of my earlier thoughts about baseball were indeed due to a very flat couple of games I first watched. That said I think the first 7 innings of this game would have been equally flat, so, who knows.

I do still have a number of queries. What does the 'E' on the score sheet mean. 'R' is obviously Runs. 'H' i'm guessing is Hits. But E? I can't recall actually hearing in the commentary any term beginning with 'E'. Of course most of the stats are still a complete mystery, but you have to learn to crawl before you can walk, let alone run.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?