<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

All Star Game

A further update in my continuing education in baseball. Tonight I watched the replay of the All Star Game (just finished actually). Well, more accurately I watched the beginning and the end, and missed out the middle 3 innings. Though I hate to admit it I fell asleep in the middle - which had more to do with the fact that I was knackered having had very little sleep for some reason the night before than the quality of the game. I know not why, but I only got to sleep after 2 and woke up dead on 6. And since I have a tv in my room I was watching it contentedly. I close my eyes at the adverts at the end of the 3rd, and suddenly we're in the middle of the 6th. Nice to see some of the bigger names in action that I haven't seen play until now.

Sticking my oar into the 'this time it counts' argument, I really don't see the problem with the set-up as I understand it. I think the real test will be however if, over the next 3 years say, there is an upturn in viewing figures. If there are, then good. If there are not then questions need to be asked.

Mind you, I don't imagine the game lived up to the hype, though the ending was quite exciting.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?